Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
Responsible for providing appropriate acute and chronic cardiac care by diagnosing, treating and helping prevent heart & blood vessel disease, including heart and vascular disease, congenital heart defects, heart attacks, coronary artery disease, heart rhythm disturbances and heart failure. Responsibilities will include managing patients after cardiovascular surgery, endotracheal intubation and advanced cardiopulmonary mechanical support. The Cardiac Intensivist leads multidisciplinary rounds for cardiac patients and participates in cardiac surgical rounds. Cardiac Intensivist is expected to be proficient with standard intensive care procedures (central lines, S-G catheter placement etc.).The Cardiac Intensivist leads an interdisciplinary team of primary caregivers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of the System, Hospital and Garnet Health Doctors, supporting our mission, vision and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients.
• M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited school of medicine OR osteopathy with ABIM-recognized internal medicine residency (three years minimum) required.
• 5 years of experience in Cardiology and Critical Care medicine preferred.
• NY State Medical License required.
• Valid certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine required.
• Board Certification in Internal Medicine/ Family Medicine (to be Board Certified within 5 years upon residency completion) required.
• Board Certification Cardiology and Critical Care (to be Board Certified within 5 years upon fellowship completion) required.
• BLS preferred and ACLS certification required.
• Valid DEA Registration required.
• Current Opioid Prescriber Training Certificate required.
• Current Infectious Certificate required.
• Stands, walks, sits intermittently throughout the day. Lifts, pushes, pulls light to heavy weights as required.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works primarily inside and may occasionally work outdoors. Frequent contact with various Garnet Health staff, sales representatives, employees and community members. May be exposed to odors, chemical agents, dust, fumes, gases, sharp objects, hazardous or moving equipment, wet slippery floors, and extremes in temperature and humidity.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs and push over 75 lbs. Other physical requirements include the ability to bend, kneel, crouch, twist, balance and reach above, out and below.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.