Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for implementing the Nursing Process based on established Standards of Practice and ensuring all patient care policies and procedures are adhered to in accordance with Garnet Health Hospital policies, the Nurse Practice Act, and the New York State Licensure requirements. The registered nurse will be able to exhibit critical thinking, effectively organize and triage/prioritize accordingly, and implement evidence-based nursing.
Minimum Education: Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred. Maintains all required certifications for the areas assigned.
Minimum Experience: Medical-Surgical experience preferred
• Currently licensed and registered in NY State to practice as a registered professional nurse.
• ANCC-Med/Surg certification preferred.
• Successful completion of BLS Provider Course prior to being released from unit orientation.
• Successful completion of cardiac arrhythmia interpretation course within 3 months of hire.
• ACLS completion required within 6 months of hire.
Physical Requirements: Position will primarily be medium to light work requiring lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling and reaching are required. Position requires 20% sitting and 80% standing or walking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by spoken and written word is required.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well- lighted, heated or ventilated facility. Position may have occasional exposure to blood, body substances, infectious materials, chemical hazards, vibration, radiation, slippery surfaces, or noise that may result from performance of duties.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.