Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
Have you wanted to work in healthcare but lacked experience?
Garnet Health Medical Center is offering a
Nursing Assistant Educational Orientation Program
for anyone who does not have experience and wants to enter the healthcare field. The 6-day course will consist of lectures and skills.
Next program begins Monday, 1/17/22! Apply today to be considered!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nursing Assistant performs assigned patient care tasks and other related unit duties, defined, and delegated under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse.
· Completion of a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or equivalent preparation and/or experience required.
· High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
· One (1) year of prior acute care experience preferred or CNA or completion of first clinical course in RN/LPN program.
· Completion of the Garnet Health Nursing Education program required if no experience.
· CNA certificate preferred if experience is minimal
· BLS certification current and ongoing.
· Internal Crisis Intervention training required.
· Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking.
· Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patient.
· Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
· Ability to pass pre-hire physical assessment. (See attached).
Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works in a clean, well-lighted, heated or ventilated facility. No routine exposure to hazards.
Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing and/or constant walking. Ability to lift 10 lbs.
Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.
· Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to unpleasant patient elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations and occasionally to irregular work hours.